REALLY? Update wipes EVERYTHING!

justin4jesus

A warning would have been nice that 10.3.1 update wipes everything: workspace, settings, even my log-in information.

It worked ok for me. I still have all my workspaces and the settings look intact. And I still have log files dated before the upgrade.

Did you simply install the update or did you do an uninstall first ?

The reason I ask is that during uninstall there is an option to remove everything I believe.

But that does pop a dialog up to check if you want to delete everything or just the software. Or at least it did when I tested it in the beta.

Thx

D

When I updated all my settings and files remained intact.

Mine too.

The only thing I lost was my latest session. Accordance loaded a recent one, I updated it to the where I had been when I updated the app and was good to go. Everything else was fine.

Edited by Julie Falling

Strange, sorry man.

Mine updated fine and even opened back up to the book I was reading when I was notified of the update.

If it's just me then I'm ok with that, I can easily restore what I had done.

If it was across the board I'd be quite upset with that, glad to hear that it's not an installation issue. I did warn a friend before upgrade, I'll have to check his progress.

I did not uninstall, simply went through the upgrade, it did choke on ending the running Accordance session and I had to force close it via task manager to proceed. Perhaps that was a contributing factor.

Thanks for the fast update!

Edited by justin4jesus

Hi Justin, just a question, you are clearly updating the windows version, from what version to what version?