User Notes jumps reference?

Abram K-J

Please tell me if this doesn't provide enough info to diagnose:

When I edit/create a User Note for a new verse (e.g., something in Luke 17), then Update and close the window, it reverts to a User Note in Hebrews 13. This is not my next User Note, as there is one in Hebrews 1. I tried taking off Tab Ties and it does the same thing.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? What I want is when I close a given User Note, for my notes to stay on that verse. Thanks in advance for any help/ideas!

ADDED INFO: I have "Show All Text" clicked, and I have notes throughout Romans and Galatians that are being skipped over. I.e., it's not like it's moving from my last note in Luke to whatever my next User Note is.

I sometimes have this happen. If you just use the little arrows on the bottom of the window to go up a verse or down a verse, your notes will realign. My default in Search Tabs is not set to include context — I do that manually as needed. The Notes really should stay put, however.

Right. It would be nice not to have to re-set it each time.

I realized that the verse it is jumping to is the last verse for which I have a User Note, if that helps figure it out.

Have you done a search for words/verses first in the text and is that search still 'active' even though you have the context to all?

Yes, that's usually how I get to a given passage. E.g., type in Luke 17:11-19, then work on the passage verse-by-verse through the User Notes. But I believe the references are grayed out by the time this issue is happening. And, what's more, the User Notes are jumping away from and not to what's in the search bar. FWIW.

I have had this issue but I cannot remember the exact steps but from what I remember it is something to do with having a search in the text. I shall try and recreate.

• 2 weeks later...

How about this:

Tie User Notes (a given file) to a text/set of texts in another tab.

Open a user note to edit, say at Luke 18:11 (presuming you don't have a note there).

Write your notes.

Click the down arrow for Add to continue writing a note on Luke 18:12.

The User Notes that are still "popped in" to the window jump all the way to the last verse in the file for which I have a note, and the text/set of texts in another tab follows suit, thus taking me out of where I need to be.

Does that make sense?

Is this a bug?

Abram, I'm sorry, but I'm having a lot of trouble reproducing this! Here's what I did:

1) Set up either a search text with a tied notes tab, or a search text with a notes pane in it (both didn't work)

2) Went to someplace in the middle of my notes (had notes both before it and after it). I used Joshua 3:5.

3) Added my new note to Joshua 3:5

4) Clicked the Add down arrow to save my note (I did not click 'Update'), to start writing a note on Joshua 3:6

5) My notes pane or notes tab scrolled to my written note for Joshua 3:5, which is exactly what I'd expect, and where I was in the text.

Are you doing something differently?

I don't think so--sounds like we're doing the same thing. Let me try to set up a new scenario... I'm working from a saved Workspace/Session I've had for a while, and update from time to time.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump, I've got the same exact issue, big pain. If there is anything I can do to provide information just let me know.

So far we haven't been able to reproduce it. Could you maybe make a quick screen recording so we can see the set of actions you are doing?

So far we haven't been able to reproduce it. Could you maybe make a quick screen recording so we can see the set of actions you are doing?

Yup, done - Accordance Bug

You know, I still can't manage to reproduce this. I appreciate the videos, but it still works perfectly for me. Could you guys post your workspace/sessions used here? I noticed some tied tabs, and I wonder if they are contributing to the issue.

I can send it to you, but I need to take out my user notes so you can successfully open it, right?

I believe I found it! The key was that your Notes Order was something non-english, like GNT-T. We'll get this fixed for the next release, thanks.

• Like 1

Joel, thanks so much - you found it even before I could send in my workspace! Looking forward to the fix!

Accordance is awesome.

• 1 month later...

Joel, this was fixed for 10.3.3, right? I just opened Accordance with an old workspace (with notes order still at GNT-T) and the same issue re-surfaced.

Was this bug supposed to be fixed? Let me know if I'm not doing something right--with the notes order still at GNT-T, the same issue is coming up.

Abram - I believe I see what you are talking about. We fixed it for the tied case, but there is another case causing the odd jump.