Adding Panes

mortman

For this you need to use the Parallels window. Let's say you're looking at Leviticus 11:1 and you want to see if there are any parallels to it. Simply click anywhere within the verse to select it, then click and hold on the Parallels icon of the Resource palette (the one with two side-by-side scrolls) and select the "Old Testament" parallels. A Parallels window will open displaying Lev. 11 in parallel with Deut. 14.

You can also just open one of the Parallels and search it. For example, to find all the places where Leviticus is parallel to Deuteronomy, open the Old Testament parallels window and search by "References" for Lev <AND> Deut.

Hope this helps.

If you want independently scrollable texts (not just parallels), then you'll need to open two windows and manually position them side by side. I would do this by opening two tabs with the appropriate texts and using Window > Detach Tab for each one.

If you want independently scrollable texts (not just parallels), then you'll need to open two windows and manually position them side by side. I would do this by opening two tabs with the appropriate texts and using Window > Detach Tab for each one.

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I want to so but forgot how I did it in the past.

Archived