Instructions for Moving from Mac to Windows

jarcher

I apologize if I'm missing something here but so far I haven't been able to locate the information I need.

I'm looking for exact instructions on how to migrate from the Mac to the Windows version of Accordance. The work I've done has resulted in maybe 90% success (moving preferences, renaming user tools/text, etc) but I still run into the occasional issue.

My Mac version works great without any problems so I'd like to (as much as possible) just move those tools/texts/preferences/etc into Windows while keeping all my licenses and purchases intact.

My latest issue is related to opening some texts and tools. It results in a pop-up that asks me to locate the appropriate text. When I navigate to the Modules directory and select the text I get an error message (see attachment for an example).

post-211-0-91938800-1381934321_thumb.png

All modules need to have an extension added to them: .acc2, for Accordance on Windows to recognize them.

Helen, I haven't tied it yet, but will this work for transferring modules that don't download in Easy Install such as the original NLT release or the NIV/GK? Can I manually move them to Windows and simply change the extension to get them to work?

If the modules are "locked" and not in your account, you would need the code to unlock them.

Strange. At the moment, most of my tools have an ".atool" extension.