Can't set export preferences to SPIonic

albert.haig@gmail.com

Hello. I am a new user of Accordance 10.3.1. I want to export Greek text as SPIonic, which Accordance should be able to do. I go to edit->preferences->export, and for "Greek export", where it says, "export characters as", I find I cannot change from "Helena (no change)". Helena is the only available setting.

I sent an email enquiry asking about this and was told to uncheck the box "Export all characters with Unicode format". However, the box cannot be unticked! It just won't let me untick it.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Albert.

Hello. I am a new user of Accordance 10.3.1. I want to export Greek text as SPIonic, which Accordance should be able to do. I go to edit->preferences->export, and for "Greek export", where it says, "export characters as", I find I cannot change from "Helena (no change)". Helena is the only available setting.

I sent an email enquiry asking about this and was told to uncheck the box "Export all characters with Unicode format". However, the box cannot be unticked! It just won't let me untick it.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Albert.

Evidently the Windows app doesn't support this. When you inquired someone should have asked Mac or Windows, or checked first. Sorry.

But, unless there is a specific reason you must use SPIonic, I would discourage it. Unicode is the best way to handle this for a number of reasons, most of all that it does not require that someone have that font installed to view your document.

This is actually an oversight in the Windows development - we have so far insisted on Unicode export only. I agree with Rick, for what is the SPIonic, non-unicode export needed?

OK, thanks for the info! It would be good if this option could be included with the Windows version in future though.

The reaon for using SPIonic is: it is widely accepted in Classics and is used e.g. for many journal article submissions. Also I know the keyboard layout and like the look of the font. If the person doesn't have SPIonic installed, you can embed it in the document (at least in Word). Also it is free for non-commercial use. See http://rosetta.reltech.org/TC/fonts/.

Edited by albert.haig@gmail.com

Thanks for the feedback. We'll see if we can reenable this for the next rev.

• Like 1