Search Result Cross-Indicating

JoshPannell

Could we have an option so that when I search in one text I can see (by means of strong's numbers) how other texts take the same words?

Perhaps I'm searching in my GNT and I want to see not only where the words occur, but also how all of my translations take it. Could the blue highlight in my GNT also be translated over into my english texts when they translate the Greek?

post-32218-0-38603700-1382559791_thumb.png

one way to see this kind of information now is to use the Interlinear feature:

post-407-0-91917800-1382568580_thumb.png

You can "mouse" over individual hit words and see them highlighted in the English versions--assuming that the English version is tagged with Strongs or G/K numbers. (The interlinear is limited to those texts, too.)

This crossover highlighting is not completely accurate as it depends on the way the Key numbers were added to the text, and then on Accordance matching the Key numbers to the actual lemmas. It's useful but not reliable. This is one reason why we do not highlight all the hits in the parallel texts.

The other is that this involves a huge amount of computation which would slow the display of the text and the scrolling of the text. Maybe it will become feasible as computer power increases, but we never want to limit the use of Accordance to the latest and greatest machines.