IOS Symbols

rcdeacon

I may be behind the power curve here but I tried doing some highlighting on my MacBook Pro using the new symbols. After highlighting three verses in Psalm 1 I did a dropbox sync. When I fired up my iPad mini and checked Psalm one the color highlights were there but the symbols were not! In fact, the symbols (I used numbers 1,2 and 3 in two separate places) had been changed to a red box (which was part of my highlighting palette) instead. I wouldn't think this behavior is normal and I am unaware of this being known issue.

The iOS app requires manual sync right now. I had thought it was just one-way sync (i.e., all you have to do is manual sync when you update a user highlights file on iOS, but that desktop to iOS syncing was automatic via Dropbox), but I find I have to sync manually both ways for updates to show. Which is to say, at least in my experience, this is "normal" behavior.

I am having NO problems syncing it is just that Accordance for IOS DOES NOT sync the symbols properly. It syncs the highlights from my palette but DOES not sync the symbols as they appear in the symbol palette. What actually happened was It altered the symbols from what they were supposed to be to a red box which was part of my highlighting palette.

Bob,

Accordance for iOS does not render the symbols in the current version and will use your last highlight style as a substitute. We hope to support highlight symbols in a future revision of Accordance.

Mike

Thanks for the info Mike. Looking forward to IOS 1.7!

• 3 years later...

So a lot has changed since this time and I can now see symbols on iOS if they're connected to a word. But if I do symbols on a verse (in iOS) they don't seem to appear. Am I missing something?

In a distantly related question, is there a way to control the size of a symbol (relative to the text)?