BUG? 10.3.1 - Left click required prior to right click in Library

Matt Fredenburg

I've been organizing the modules into various 'My Groups' folders. I've found that if I have a module open that I've made 'active,' that if I then move the mouse pointer to the Library panel and right-click on an item within it, that the shortcut menu will not appear. I have to first left click within the Library panel to make it 'active' in some way, and only then will the right-click display the expected shortcut menu.

Matt

This bug still exists in 10.3.2, albeit in a modified form: in 10.3.2, when a pane other than the Library pane is active, if I right-click within the Library pane, whatever I have right-clicked upon is highlighted, but no shortcut menu appears, I must still right-click yet again on the same item in order to get to the shortcut menu. In other words, it requires two right-click actions to get the shortcut menu which should appear after a single right-click.

Matt

This is more deliberate, or at least not explicitly a bug. A zone must be active for the right-click to work, so the first click activates, the second click opens the right-click menu.

Not saying it won't change in the future, but it isn't a bug per-se.

This is more deliberate, or at least not explicitly a bug. A zone must be active for the right-click to work, so the first click activates, the second click opens the right-click menu.

Not saying it won't change in the future, but it isn't a bug per-se.

Hi Joel, when QA brings a bug to our attention we often jocularly retort: "It works as implemented!" I did check that this behavior is consistent between the Mac version of Accordance and the Windows version. I'll also say that I've never used a piece of software on Windows that requires two clicks in order to display the shortcut menu, and as the right vs left close icons for tabs being reversed on the two platforms, this is one that should be changed for Windows as well. I would encourage you to experiment with various instances of Windows software you have on your machine, and for the software which has various screen elements which take a right-click you'll find you'll be able to move seamlessly between them. Visual Studio is a great example of this: it has many demarcated areas, and all of them that accept a right-click do so upon a single right-click.

Matt