Tools in wrong folders

BWD

Just installed a collection and am organizing my tools. Am finding that some tools seem to be in the wrong folders, e.g. Hebrew language tools appear under Reference Tools of General Tools. Is there a way to move them to a different folder? I can move them within the folder they are currently in, but I want to move them to another tool folder.

Thanks

Accordance puts tools in one of five folders based on how the tool is organized. English Tools are base on the English alphabet, so they include Bible dictionaries (entries appear in alphabetical order. Greek and Hebrews Tools follow their respective alphabets, so consist of lexicons. Reference Tools are set up by biblical references, so things like commentaries, apparatuses, are in this group. Everything else goes in General Tools.

What befuddles new Accordance users is the allocations of Greek and Hebrew grammars. They are General Tools because they are not arranged alphabetically. It is not obvious on the surface, but it is logical and consistent. Furthermore, Accordance will not let you move them to a different Tool folder. If it really bugs you, you can create your own organization of tools under My Groups. There your folders can mix tool types.

Your explanation helped me understand the rationale behind the classification of the tools to their respective folders.

I'm wondering if that allocation is necessitated on some technical level (i.e. based on what it takes for these tools to function in Accordance), or whether it reflects the preference of the Accordance designers. If the former, then there is no more discussion: it is what it is. If the latter, then it seems to me that this is a personal preference that is being imposed on all users. To me it would make more sense to grant users greater flexibility to allocate tools according to their own classification system without having to resort to another level of folders.

Just thinking out loud....

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm wondering if that allocation is necessitated on some technical level (i.e. based on what it takes for these tools to function in Accordance), or whether it reflects the preference of the Accordance designers. If the former, then there is no more discussion: it is what it is. If the latter, then it seems to me that this is a personal preference that is being imposed on all users. To me it would make more sense to grant users greater flexibility to allocate tools according to their own classification system without having to resort to another level of folders...

I will defer to the Accordance staff to address your question. If memory serves me, others have requested a change before.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta