Selecting Text

Harvey

Is there a way to select the text in a pane for, e.g., copying to a document, other than by using a mouse? Using a mouse can be awkward when the text extends beyond the confines of the pane that is visible on screen.

Hi Harvey,

I'm not sure if you just want to avoid the click and drag action for very large chunks but if so, though it still uses the mouse, this will work. Locate the cursor at the start of the passage you want to select (click there). Them scroll down using the scrollbar to where you want the end of the passage. Hold down the shift key and click. That will select the whole chunk. I've not done this on Mac but on Windows the it works.

I believe you should also be able to set your cursor at a point and hold down the shift key and hit the page down key and that will also select large chunks. I cannot remember if I've tried that one on Windows. Certainly have tried shift with arrow keys and that works.

Anyhow stuff to try.

Thx

D

Option Tab will place the cursor in the text pane.

Shift Arrows will increase the selection. It doesn't scroll though as you leave the visible part of the pane, so not very helpful.

So, best option for large chunk is place cursor at the beginning, then scroll down, then shift click a the end spot.

• Like 1

Option Tab will place the cursor in the text pane.

Shift Arrows will increase the selection. It doesn't scroll though as you leave the visible part of the pane, so not very helpful.

So, best option for large chunk is place cursor at the beginning, then scroll down, then shift click a the end spot.

That's an awesome little trick! Wish I knew it a couple years ago!

if your context slider is set to zero and you have the cursor anywhere within the text, you can just select all (command-A on mac or ctrl-A on pc) and then control/right-click "copy as" whatever you'd like. it'll then select all the text without needing to hold shift or scroll.