Aramaic Peshitta, Lamsa Translation

Charles Stock

Many Muslim leaders are being reached with the good news of Jesus. The linguistic bridge between the Aramaic NT and Arabic is a key for breaking down centuries of misperceptions and missunderstanding.

Is there any chance Accordance will offer these valuable tools as part of their great program?

We are currently working on the NT Peshitta for release soon, but not the Lamsa, at present.

The Peshitta is no substitute for the Greek NT. People who think it is closer to the real words of Jesus are misguided. But it is of interest in the same way as reading Hebrew translations of the NT: they both remind you that the background of the thinking of many NT writers was Semitic. I regularly read the NT in Hebrew translations, both the old one by Franz Delitzsch and the Modern Hebrew one. And of course these are already modules in Accordance. I also read the modern Arabic translation of both OT and NT. all of these are helpful reminders of the Semitic background. But I am not plumping for Oak Tree to add itll.

Archived