Building Concordance

Erwin

I am trying to build a verse by verse concordance of James, not a word order concordance (kind of like Kumo's Lexicon) for my students. Can I do that? I have searched the help file and forum and played around with concordance and Analysis display. I know how to get a concordance of James but I want it sorted by verse, not alphabetically.

Erwin

Erwin,

It's actually pretty simple, if I'm understanding you.

1. Start with a new search window.

2. Search for James by Verses

3. Select all

4. Select menu item Amplify/Language/Parsing (or choose the parsing button from the bottom of the resource palette.

5. Customize the look of your results with that most important key combination Command T.

However, eternally more helpful is a verse by verse translation guide that only included the rarer words, say, words that occur less than 31 times in the NT. In order to do this:

For step 2. Search for Words, using this search: *@[COUNT 1-30] <AND> [range james]

It will search the range James for every word occurring between 1 and 30 times in the whole text (ie. the whole GNT).

then, in step 5. make sure you select from the drop down menu "Parse: Hit Words Only"

Save your results as an RTF file or copy and paste.

HTH,

Joe

Archived