Gill's Exposition

Mark Hebert

I received an offer for Gill's commentaries today and thought, "Why would I want that when I have it in Accordance?" I launched Accordance just to check out some things written about these commentaries in the article and I was surprised to find out that I don't have them. I searched the Accordance site and found out that they're not even available. I was shocked! It turns out that I have these on my Palm via Bible With You and a couple of other Palm programs I've used in the past.

Please add this verse-by-verse commentary on the entire bible by a notable reformer to Accordance!

Gill is one of the reasons why I still use Online Bible.

Please add his Doctrinal Divinity and his Practical Divinity as well. Both are available as PDFs online.

Gill's Body of Doctrinal Divinity and Practical Divinity are now available in the Standard and Premier Levels of the new Library 7 CD-ROM.

Gill's Exposition is, I'm afraid, a little stickier. Online Bible's version is an "updated" edition for which they can claim copyright, and they're not keen to license anything to us.

We are looking into an alternative electronic text of Gill's Exposition, but until that's all worked out, I'm afraid you're stuck using Online Bible or online sources.

Gill's Body of Doctrinal Divinity and Practical Divinity are now available in the Standard and Premier Levels of the new Library 7 CD-ROM.

Gill's Exposition is, I'm afraid, a little stickier. Online Bible's version is an "updated" edition for which they can claim copyright, and they're not keen to license anything to us.

We are looking into an alternative electronic text of Gill's Exposition, but until that's all worked out, I'm afraid you're stuck using Online Bible or online sources.

So do you know what GMPSoft is using for Bible With You for Palm and Pocket PC or Pat Double on BibleThumper for Palm?

These might be additional possibilities... like a partner on the Palm might be good for Accordance. ;)

Now you just convinced me of the need to upgrade!

Archived