Instant Details not working

drian

Instant details doesn't appear to work, or at best takes over 10 secs to show, if at all.

General highlighting of text in 10.3.3 doesn't work. I'm going back to 10.3.2 as this version is too unstable on my machine.

VIsta SP2

Toshiba Equium

Could you tell me how you are using instant details? Just hovering over a word to see the details in a zone or clicking on the word to see a popup?

Does instant detail happen right away on 10.3.2? Did you try downloading 10.3.3.1?

Is the module you are trying to see the details for the same on both versions? Which module is that?

Thanks for responding and sorry for not being concrete on the problem.

In 10.3.3.1 (and 10.3.3), the instant details window doesn't show anything when hovering over any tagged text (English with Strongs, Greek or Hebrew). If I click, then the popup shows, but otherwise nothing. Also, I noticed when checking, that the search box doesn't let me type anything instantly either. As in my original post above, it may be at best 10 secs before typing appears. The other features of the text window appear to work ok.

This doesn't happen in 10.3.2 which I know had other issues that are probably now (at least in part) resolved, but I'd rather have them than instant details and the search box not working.

I also have access to a Windows 7 machine, where this problem doesn't occur in 10.3.3.1, so perhaps this is just a Vista issue, or some issue on my machine?

Thanks again for asking.

• 1 month later...

To update, this is still a problem for me in the recent update, 10.3.4.1. Instant details and the search box still don't work and makes Accordance unusable. I can't change the Bible passage except using the navigation at the bottom.

So I'm still on 10.3.2.

Ian

Sorry to hear that Drian.

To confirm, it does not happen on the MAC version.

Thank you both for those responses.

I've had some more time to look into this issue. If I disable Windows Aero these graphics issues disappear. It seems my old laptop's graphics card can't handle that much - no surprise really. Can anyone confirm that 10.3.3 onwards requires more graphics memory?