Your workflow: User Notes or User Tool?

Abram K-J

I've been using User Notes for quite a while to take notes (sort of like my own running commentary) on the Bible as I study/read/preach through various portions.

I've also just recently been spending more time with User Tools, which I find more robust for various purposes.

As commentaries are tools anyway, I'm wondering if those of you who take notes on verses/passages of Scripture on a regular basis prefer to do it through User Notes or Tools? Pros and cons of each?

I'm not happy with my workflow. It is too disjointed.

For the LXX Isaiah stuff I did most of my notes and references in Scrivener.

I like writing in Markdown which I can do in Scrivener.

I've also worked a bit with nvALT for note taking and index with DevonThink. (Again, I can use Markdown.)

Lots of discontent here.

Tell me how you use User Tools.

I just did my first User Tool--funnily enough, after reading through LXX Isaiah in a year, now I am reading (with my congregation) through portions of Isaiah during Advent. I created a Congregational Reading Guide and Plan. I made it in Pages, then put it in Accordance for my own daily use. I was pretty happy with how easy it was to put together!

David, I'd be happy to pass that on to you. Just let me know.

User Notes in an area I would love to see further development in Accordance to something at least equal, better yet, better than what logos offers. :)

Edited by davidmedina

Abram,

I'd like a copy of what you did in pages and the user notes file.

My email is gspringer@torahresource.com

Thanks,

Gary Springer

DuPont, WA