MT and LXX parallel

Serpentium

The parallels don't work on iOS at this point. I don't know whether there are any plans to make it possible.

post-330-0-04862700-1386946302_thumb.png

Edited by Julie Falling

The full MT-LXX Parallel database is a standard reference tool in Accordance and will work on iOS (this was linked to in the original post). Advanced searching that requires the MERGE command will not work on iOS.

The MT-LXX Interlinear is not compatible on iOS, as shown in Julie's screen shot.

Edited by Rick Bennett
  • Like 1

Thanks for the clarification, Rick. I gave the right answer to a different question. Sometimes the names & functions off all these modules becomes confusing, and I was obviously confused.

I have the MT-LXX Parallel. I had, mistakenly, lumped the MT-LXX Parallel into the 'parallel' category. I've just loaded it onto my iPad.

Thanks, again, Rick. And thanks to Serpentium for asking the question.

Thanks for the clarification, Rick. I gave the right answer to a different question. Sometimes the names & functions off all these modules becomes confusing, and I was obviously confused.

I have the MT-LXX Parallel. I had, mistakenly, lumped the MT-LXX Parallel into the 'parallel' category. I've just loaded it onto my iPad.

Thanks, again, Rick. And thanks to Serpentium for asking the question.

Not a problem. I really appreciate the help in answering questions here on the forum any time. :)

The full MT-LXX Parallel database is a standard reference tool in Accordance and will work on iOS (this was linked to in the original post). Advanced searching that requires the MERGE command will not work on iOS.

The MT-LXX Interlinear is not compatible on iOS, as shown in Julie's screen shot.

Thanks for your kindness.

How does it work the MT-LXX Parallel database on iPad?

I am so happy about accordance for iOS (I was for a long time just a logos.com app user) that I want to find all the great modules to use on iPad, to study the Bible with original languages.

• 4 years later...

Re: https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=MT-LXX%20Interlinear

Can't seem to find this within my Accordance.  Is it in the library under texts?  I put LXX1 and HMT-W4 and it does not link the Greek with the Hebrew but only the English with the Hebrew.   I can't find this module/tool under parallels either.  Where do you find it?  The manual does not seem to help either, as it is very specific for issues within the module but doesn't seem to tell you how to get to it or open it.  How do you open this to use it?  Where is it under texts?  Parallels?  Under "Semitic studies" I only have "Hebrew Verb Parsing" and not the MT/LXX parallel.  When I bought this it was listed as a "Semitic Study Tools"  but as mentioned it is not there in the application/software.  I could not find a podcast on this either.   This is very frustrating.  Could someone please help me find it within the program. If it is not something you click on the bring up, how do you link the texts since mine does not seem to link the Greek with the Hebrew but only the English with one of  the original languages.   What am I missing??? <_<

https://www.accordancebible.com/Using-The-MT-LXX-Parallel

Edited by billman

If you purchase the full Parallel it shows up in the Library as a module and can be viewed in a Tool tab or in parallel in a text tab. It also adds an Interlinear option of MT-LXX which adds the LXX under the Hebrew text or vice-versa, and it adds options in the Analytics of showing the equivalent Greek/Hebrew words. These last 2 options are available if you purchase only the MT-LXX Interlinear, but you will not see it in the Library nor can you view and search it in a tab or pane.

If you only have the LXX1 and the HMT-W4 you can simply display the texts in parallel but there are no word-for-word correspondences.

Helen,  Where do you find it?  Where is the default location for the module?  I can't find it under any of my categories.    

Thank you.

PS I have Greek pro + so I have the module. 

Edited by billman

Go figure...I found it under "Commentaries", no wonder I could not find it.   Default options seem very strange but glad I found it. 

Thank you.

Default options seem very strange but glad I found it.

There are a few,

photo sampler is under English tools yet the cultural images and other image rich tools including atlas and timeline samplers are under general tools (where I would have expected it as well).

mounces expository dictionary which includes both Greek and Hebrew is in English tool rather than with the other Greek and Hebrew dictionaries. (Depends if it’s the file that’s stored or just links to particular resources, can understand if it’s not a duplicated resource. )

grammars are under general tools.

Just have to remember what you have got and look for them.

• 2 months later...

MT-LXX is a "commentary" module that can run parallel with your text in iOS. It is not tagged, which is a minor disappointment. 

post-29320-0-35226700-1537814204_thumb.jpeg

RE MT-LXX interlinear. I didn't even know this was a thing. Apparently I've had it for years. Good grief. Glad I checked this post!