Is this a bug?

davidmedina

When I CMD + Click on a reference it opens the references as it is suppose to, but my text jumps. See the video capture to see what I mean. Video capture

It's not a bug--it's because your ESVS and ESV Crossrefs are tied to each other. So when you click in ESVS on a footnote/cross-reference from Luke 12:45, then Luke 12:45 shows up in the Crossrefs tab. And because the Crossrefs tab is tied to the ESVS tab, the ESVS tab then "jumps" to Luke 12:45 to match the Crossrefs tab.

If you un-tie the tabs, you can "keep your place" in the ESVS.

This does, however, point to a request that has been made on the forums before, which is to have one-way tab tying, rather than two-way tab tying, which is all that is possible right now.

• Like 1

I agree Abram. It is confusing. If I untie it then, the cross reference won't scroll with the Bible.

You could add the Crossrefs as a parallel pane in the same zone as ESVS, in which case it would stay with ESVS--not "tied" but running in parallel. I can put up a screenshot if that's helpful.

Let me try it.

Actually, is worst. The jump is bigger as it takes the verse all the way to the top. And in addition, when I CMD+Click on the reference it opens two panes, the cross references and the references .

post-32482-0-36935700-1387421446_thumb.jpg

You may already know this, but there's a difference between a click and a command-click. The latter in this case opens up all the footnotes at a given verse, plus the other verses those footnotes hyperlink to (which is why you're seeing Romans, etc.).

It depends on what you want to do, but you could try just clicking (and not command-click). And now that you have your parallel pane with the ESV crossrefs, it looks like you still want to untie the crossrefs tab in the second zone, so that it can be independent.

Exactly, That is what I am trying to do and doing in the video. I am CMD+click to open up all the reference in that particular footnote. When I do that, It will open two panes: (1) ESV Cross References and (2) all the reference under that particular footnote.

And then I do that, the ESVS Text jumps up and I loose my place. I have to look up to see where the verse I was reading went to.

Ah, I see what you mean.

Would it still do what you want if you command-clicked the footnotes from your parallel pane ESV Crossrefs, rather than from that same footnote in the ESVS text? Then you wouldn't lose your place in the ESVS text.

You could use your current setup in the screenshot above, and I think that would work. There may be a more elegant way to do what you want that I'm not thinking of.

Also, in your screenshot, you have the parallel pane with crossrefs, but the tabs are still tied across zones. Untying them will make the "jump" phenomenon stop.

I get that, but the problem now is that to avoid the jump, I end up with two Cross Reference panes, one parallel so it scrolls with the Text and a second one that it opens up whenever I click CMD + Click. I have to keep it open to keep it untied to avoid the jump. If I close it (because I do not need it because I have the one in parallel), whenever I click CMD+click again, it opens it again tied and makes the text jump.

That is why I think is either a bug or an oversight that needs to be corrected.

Edited by davidmedina

I just like the fact that with just one click on the footnote I can open all the cited references at once. Of course, it is not something I may do frequently, but it just bothersome to loose my place where I am reading.

I see that what it does is to bring to the top the verse in question, so I think as long as I remember that it may be fine. No biggie. Just trying to understand Accordance nuisances.

I see now what you meant, I noticed that you can open all the footnotes references from the cross reference itself and won't cause the jump. I can live with that.

Edited by davidmedina

.... If I close it (because I do not need it because I have the one in parallel), whenever I click CMD+click again, it opens it again tied and makes the text jump.

This happened for me, too (that it opened again tied), when I was trying some options.... even after I'd untied and closed it.