open Accordance with Epson iPROJECTOR (Wireless) rather than VGA

Jonna Schmidt

I had a question, and it might be better under feature request. I love to use my iPAD for my Sunday School class. The new gen-3 iPAD does NOT connect to the projector via VGA connection. (I have tried this on two different projectors). So, I use the Epson iPROJECTION application to connect wirelessly. The problem: Epson iPROJECTION only projects: Keynote, PAGES, or PDFs such that I can NOT directly project with Epson iPROJECTOR.

In other words, back when I had the gen-2 iPAD, I could directly use Accordance.

I would love it you could add a feature: OPEN WITH, so that I could then pick OPEN with EPSON iPROJECTOR, and directly use Accordance once again.

Jonna, I'm not certain what you mean by the new gen-3 iPad. I bought my wife a 3rd generation iPad in 2012, and we've connected it to a projector via VGA many times. I recently got the new iPad Air (which is technically a 5th generation iPad), and I've been teaching from it on a VGA connection for the past couple of weeks. Every iPad, including the iPad minis will work with a VGA connection on a projector, and Apple sells VGA adapters for them (some adapters use the 30-pin connector and some use the lightning connector). Only the first-gen iPad was limited to certain apps on a projector, but it also worked via VGA.

More than likely there's a setting on the projector that needs to be adjusted if you're having trouble getting a signal from an iPad.

Hi Jonna, I gave you some links in your other post.

She may mean the iPad air but like you said that is technically the 5th Gen iPad and I believe you can use the VGA adapter that comes for that one too.

At any rate, here is the link.