Importing Thai Bible

Mando

Hi,

I have made a test import of one chapter of the Thai Bible in HTML. My attempting this has led to a slew of questions. Well, maybe not a whole slew... perhaps half a slew, or even a slewlet.

Firstly, Thai fonts are not supported in Accordance (of course). I can get some Thai Unicode fonts - if those will work. Can you tell me how to install the fonts?

The Thai Bible is available in 2 translations in 5 online formats, 4 of them are for the Thai KJV version. As far as I can tell all of them are available only chapter by chapter: 1. Is an online readable version. 2. Is an HTML downloadable format, 3. For PCs as a 'SpeedBible' - whatever that is. I can check this one out on the PC side of my Mac, but I

Edited by Mando

Currently you cannot import any Bibles, but we hope to offer that soon, for texts that are written with regular Roman fonts. Other fonts will have to wait for a while, sorry!

Mando:

Since you edited the post while I was replying, I can only add that Accordance does not support Unicode fonts at all. We may allow this in the future, but currently you cannot import these Thai Bibles into Accordance.

You must also be careful that you do not violate the copyright for texts that you do import. If you own the text, you may import it for your own use. If the text is freely available online without restrictions, you can probably also distribute it in an Accordance format.

I appreciate your enthusiasm as a very new user. I suggest you learn to use Accordance for yourself right now, your Thai friends will have to be content with the HTML Bibles you have found.

• 9 years later...

A regular Accordance Thai Bible would be nice.

Greetings

Fabian