The works of C.S. Lewis

jakoeshall

• 3 months later...

Just wanting to highlight that I can get the complete works of C.S.Lewis on Amazon for $0.88 (though it does not have some of his essays such as 'Why I am not a pacifist') but does include most of his major works. just wondering what the hold up is given that amazon and logos have had this for so long???

Just wanting to highlight that I can get the complete works of C.S.Lewis on Amazon for $0.88

Not in the uk! Sadly Its all full price

;o(

I don't think Lewis' works are in the public domain yet, even in the U.S. Not sure how they're getting away with selling his works on Amazon for that price.

I do know many are in PD in the USA... that said not all of course...

-Dan

I just picked it up on Amazon for the above price.

Can someone please post the link for where they can get the complete works of Lewis for 88 cents.  That is not on Amazon (in the US) anywhere I can find.  Is this in print or Kindle?

In Christ,

Bret

I've been trying to find a definitive answer to the copyright dates for Lewis' major works, but no luck yet. I'm waiting to hear back from the estate. Meanwhile, this is the best information I've found so far:

• In Europe, C.S Lewis's books will enter the public domain 70 years after his death, which would be 2034. 
  • In the US, the books will enter the public domain 95 years after their publication. Thus, books such as "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" would be Public Domain material in 2046. 
  • The one exception to this is "Spirits in Bondage," Lewis's 1919 collection of poems, which was placed on some US public domain websites in 1994 under the old 75 year rule.
Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 2

The link provided for the CS Lewis works says "This title not currently available for purchase." (See the attached screen shot).  And oddly when I copy the title and search for it on Amazon, it says that such a title does not exist.  Not sure what is going on there.  Wish I could get the entire works for the price being discussed, but I can not find it anywhere on Amazon actually for sale.

In Christ,

Bret

file:///Users/Bret/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202016-08-18%20at%201.03.02%20PM.png

The link provided for the CS Lewis works says "This title not currently available for purchase." (See the attached screen shot).  And oddly when I copy the title and search for it on Amazon, it says that such a title does not exist.  Not sure what is going on there.  Wish I could get the entire works for the price being discussed, but I can not find it anywhere on Amazon actually for sale.

I would imagine Amazon removed it for copyright violations.

Edited by Mark Allison

This is speculation, but that Amazon Kindle deal must have been a pirated version (the Publisher was "e-artnow"). Meaning, of course, an etext does exist somewhere (and in at least two other Bible software programs). Hopefully Accordance can license it soon, too.

• 1 year later...

Lest this thread grow cold, is there any forward momentum on getting the works of C. S. Lewis in Accordance? Please?

• 1 month later...

+1.  I would love more CS Lewis books in Accordance, although I think I own most of them in iBooks and/or hardcopy already... :-) 

• 4 years later...
On 5/16/2018 at 8:52 PM, JeffCheadle said:

Lest this thread grow cold, is there any forward momentum on getting the works of C. S. Lewis in Accordance? Please?

Any progress on this?