Sharing Community Works

hmvanegdom

Currently either you buy modules or you create your own tools. I would be great to have a tool within Accordance to share and download modules with the Accordance Community. I am aware that there is the file exchange (http://www.accordancefiles1.com) but that one is working poorly. I tried many times but I always get the message " Please check the required fields" while all field are correctly.

I guess there is a lot material people have build (e.g. from public domain sources) but it's hard to share them.

Hi,
as the Accordance Exchange Webmaster I hadn't heard that the exchange had problems. We are still getting a trickle of posts, and so it seems to be working ok for at least some...

Thanks for the report, can you give me a little more information about the file you are trying to share, and what you are putting in the fields for the upload? (and what path are you taking to get there - i.e. - home page => upload instructions page => upload files page

A screenshot of the filled in page and then the error would be fantastic.

Thanks. I want to make sure this is working for everyone!

Hi Van,

I am really sorry you are having problems. I would love to fix it.

I have tried uploading a few files at my end, with no difficulties, so I wonder what is unusual about what you are trying.

May I ask

1. How big is the zip file you are trying to upload? 10MB is our limit. If that's the reason, I am sorry that a clearer error wasn't returned.

2. If it is less than 10MB, can I ask you to change the Module File name(third entry field) to something like WORKS-JOSEPHUS . Remove all the spaces and make it reasonably short. Again, that shouldn't matter, I am just trying to eliminate issues.

3. Try removing the .acc portion of the zip file name and truncating the filename to a much shorter version with no spaces.

if all that fails then,

4. Please send me the file via email directly and I will try with that file. It may be a peculiarity with that.

The size of the file is about 5.3 MB.. still getting the same error. Wat is the e-mail to send the file?

Sorry - I missed that didn't I.

I will PM you with the email.