New user struggles

jalozano

Hi, Im fairly new to Accordance, and Ive been struggling to figure out something and Im hoping for some help. The Accordance help seems really big and Im not sure where to start, so hopefully this will be an easier way to figure it out! Im curious how to search in a Hebrew Grammar for something that is occurring in the Hebrew text. The best Ive been able to do is to get every instance of something (a preposition for instance), which is a whole lot of entries to sort through. If I wanted to find a particular section dealing with a preposition, or something like that, how could I narrow my search? Im using the Jouon-Muraoka grammar if that matters at all. Thanks.

Welcome to Accordance!

Tools, like Jouon-Muraoka, have a browser window that will allow you to look through the Table of Contents. That's probably the easiest way to find the section on prepositions. Just click the button on the top left of the tool pane. I have uploaded an image of it here. That will open and close the browser.

If that doesn't provide enough information, you can always wade through all those entries! ;-)

Hope this helps!

post-29215-0-47059000-1391029344.png

Hi jalozano,

as Dr J says above.

And in J-M you can search by the Title, which will give you the heading as a hit (see my screenshot). Make sure title is selected in the search drop down (blue arrow) and type preposition into the search field (brown arrow) and you see that the result includes the section devoted to prepositions (one of 4 hits).

Dr J's way is on the left.

post-29509-0-65794100-1391037740_thumb.png

Open the tool browser (green arrow)

open the morphology section (red arrow)

and then the Particle section (purple arrow)

then click on the Prepositions section.

Hope that helps.