User Bible

Outis

Hello,

Has anyone ever made use of the User Bible function within Accordance? When I'm doing my text studies for my sermons I usually write out my own translation of a verse in the user notes. But it would be handy to have my own translation as a user bible instead of just as notes. I see the "import user bible" function in the menu. How well does this work? And when I import a text, can I add to it as I work through new sections of translation and edit old sections?

Thanks,

Hi Outis,

Yes I've used it a lot for translation exercises. Its pretty well documented in the help. I used a TextEdit file to create my translation and then would do and exercise and import it. Then I'd add to it and do another one and reimport it. You can then open your translation in parallel with other translations and compare your choices. I found it very helpful. You need to have the books chapters and verses in the regular order but you can have gaps so not all books or chapters need be represented. You will need empty chapter and verse 1 refs up until the chapter you begin translating within a book but that's the only case. Of course your text will not be tagged.

Thx

D

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I am using it extensively to create my own translation. However, I have just run into a bug where it is not importing all the verses.

• Like 1

I am taking a slightly more geeky approach. Using a text editor to create USFM format files, and then scripts to convert that into HTML, with footnotes/crossreferences/study notes etc. At some point I'd like to look at getting this (plus associated data) into accordance.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Also support for the OSIS format is needed.

Greetings

Fabian