Spelling errors in the "New Testament for Everyone" commentary

Guntis

1) Could you please check the "New Testament for Everyone" commentary by N. T. Wright? Many spelling mistakes. Often two words are typed together.

2) And could you please increase thumbnail image quality? They are over compressed. Use less JPG compression. I don't think the overall commentary file size will grow by more than 1-2 MB, but thumbnails will look much better. Also larger images could use a notch less compression, sometimes compression artefacts start creeping in.

P.S. Between 1 and 2 I inserted n-dash, but when I posted this message, it was removed and I ended up with 12 MB instead of 1-2 MB. Why your web form is filtering out n-dashes?

post-634-0-77712300-1391970012_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guntis

Guntis,

I do not have this work but have encountered this type of frequent error in a few other works. I'm not sure this is the kind of error that could be caught easily by any means except just reading through it. If you would be willing to report the errors as you come across them, the work would be improved for everyone, even if it means flooding Helen's inbox with correction reports. :)

Jonathan

Guntis,

I do not have this work but have encountered this type of frequent error in a few other works. I'm not sure this is the kind of error that could be caught easily by any means except just reading through it. If you would be willing to report the errors as you come across them, the work would be improved for everyone, even if it means flooding Helen's inbox with correction reports. :)

Jonathan

I'd always assumed that reading through a work (or at least scanning/copy-editing it quickly) was already part of Accordance's preparation before releasing a module. Errors are inevitable, but one hopes that "research-grade" would mean they're minimal. Accordance seems to be responsive in taking reported typos and rolling them into updates.

Good point about the image quality, Guntis, and agreed.

We are looking into the thumbnail and image quality in this module. Text corrections should be reported via the Help or Right-click menu. We cannot proofread every book that we release, but if you report a scanning error like this, we can often find repeated occurrences and correct them all at once.

We'll try to improve these but we had to capture them from a PDF because that's all we received.

And no we don't typically proof every book when we get the etext from the publisher with these errors already there. But if they are particularly bad we'll proof it more than others. We already put so much work into our content that we can't realistically proofread etexts that should not contain issues like that in the first place.