Anchor OT and NT

Abram K-J

Two things:

1. I thought today's blog post, FWIW, was exceptionally well written--one of the best product intros I've read anywhere in some time. Nicely done, Jeremy!

2. I know these forums are not generally a place to compare Bible softwares, but I just wanted to note that in addition to (probably) being easier to search than a competitor's Anchor commentary offerings, the Accordance packages right now are hundreds and hundreds of dollars cheaper than elsewhere.

Now, I'm off to find my patron/benefactor....

It helps that the person writing it is a former English Lit teacher turned Accordance content ninja. B)

• Like 3

the Accordance packages right now are hundreds and hundreds of dollars cheaper than elsewhere.

Now, I'm off to find my patron/benefactor....

Well I am fairly sure Accordances regular price will likely be cheaper than the other guys too...

-Dan

PS: I Wish I had the money to be a benefactor....

• Like 1

The initial download for the on sale Anchor Bible OT series is just the Torah (excluding the second half of Deuteronomy). What is the schedule for the availability of the rest of the series? Weeks? Months? Years?

The initial download for the on sale Anchor Bible OT series is just the Torah (excluding the second half of Deuteronomy). What is the schedule for the availability of the rest of the series? Weeks? Months? Years?

Months, though we're not giving an exact date at this point. We will release free, automatic updates when major portions are complete, e.g. historical books, poetry, prophets, Apocrypha. We will probably also announce it on the forum or blog as well.

We're going to be working as fast as possible now that the initial release is out, but just keep in mind this is a massive series so will take some time, and we will not sacrifice quality to get it done faster.

Thanks!

One little point to note is that the free updates will be additional modules that will appear in your Easy Install rather than in Check for Updates.

• Like 1