Fresh Update to Mavericks & Accordance

Tim Etherington

I just updated my iMac (3.06 GHz Cord 2 Duo, 12 GB RAM) to Mavericks. I then purchased the Accordance 10 Starter Collection and downloaded it.

I dragged the application to the Applications folder but when I try to run it, it bounces a few times then stops. The program won't run.

Here's the thing. The old version of Accordance I had was 7. I was excited to read on the Stater Collection page "Owners of Accordance 9 and earlier can upgrade to Accordance 10 by purchasing this Starter Collection. You will still have access to all your current Accordance modules." I'm pastoring a small church and didn't want to have to pay for all my modules.

I dragged the application to the trash and downloaded it again from the link in the email I was sent. Same thing. I can't get it to run. I checked for previous sessions and temporary sessions in the Accordance Preferences fold and there were none. However, that folder wasn't in the Library, I found it in an Accordance folder in my root directory??

It sure looks like the pervious install was incorrect and I'm really hoping for an easy fix.

help

Thanks Dieudonne, but that's what I did the second time and it didn't help.

Tim: you need to contact tech support for help. Yes, you can upgrade from 7 to 8 to 9 and then to 10, but it's complicated and we often recommend a fresh install. We give you access to all your old modules (as long as they are current , i.e. don't need a paid upgrade) through Easy Install.

The problem with buying in the AppStore (apart from our difficulty in keeping that version up to date) is that Apple requires that we "sandbox" all the files, so that they are basically accessible only to Accordance but not to the user. It ends up being a totally separate installation.

You may have a failed upgrade or any one of a number of problems on your Mac. Our tech support will sort it all our for you, preferably with a screenshare session.

Thank again Helen. I had a feeling that was going to be the answer but held out hope for an easy fix. :) I'm calling in just a few minutes.

That did it! Installed 8 and it ran. Then installed 9 and it ran but it also moved my module to the right place on the hard drive. Then launched 10 and everything was there.

I couldn't be happier! Now I need to watch some videos on how to use that new, beautiful interface.

and come to a seminar of course when it's convenient! We demonstrators love meeting our forum friends!