Understanding the Bible Commentary series

Abram K-J

Well this was a nice surprise, to see that NIBC owners get a free upgrade to Understanding the Bible Commentary.

I'm curious if there are differences of note between the two, or is it simply a renaming?

I don't believe there are any differences ... just a rebranding.

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification!

Well this time there isn't a change... Several of the volumes were originally in a series called Good News Commentaries based on the TEV, and then was renamed to the NIBC, which did have updating at that time to bring it into harmony with the NIV text. So it is a natural question to ask.

-Dan

I have used the NIBC a fair bit and have highlighting all over it. As discussed in another thread, I'm worried about losing that if I go through this upgrade, so I'd like to know if there's any particular reason to change modules.

Well the text would be roughly the same. The name is changed as has publisher. I would half suspect minor errors may have been corrected but I do not see the need to stop using the NIBC, seeing as it will have had very few changes. One would suspect this may have been done because the companion series on the old testament may well be coming, which might have one asking where is the NT set.... I will say I am happy that Baker took it over because it felt like Hendriksen was never going to get the OT finished.

-dan

I have used the NIBC a fair bit and have highlighting all over it. As discussed in another thread, I'm worried about losing that if I go through this upgrade, so I'd like to know if there's any particular reason to change modules.

We made no changes to the content. Future error corrections will probably not be made to it though.

• Like 1