Wiersbe McGee Commentary

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jhancock61

jhancock61

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:traveling, running & road biking, hiking, Alabama Football (Roll Tide!), Atlanta Braves
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

Are there any plans to make available in Accordance the following Commentary Sets:

Thru The Bible- J. Vernon McGee

BE Series- Warren Wiersbe

These would be a great addition to Accordance, especially for the lay person.

Thanks!

Jeff Hancock

Alabama

#2 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

We're looking into both.

• PastorDavid likes this

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development

#3 Bob Deacon

Bob Deacon

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

That is great news!

Bob Deacon
Retired Pastor
Conway, NC
Dell Inspiron

Windows 10
Accordance 11

#4 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,594 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

[Hah!]

I've never read J Vernon McGee's commentaries, but he is one of my personal heroes. Week, after week, after week, he faithfully taught through the Bible for years on the radio. I'd love to hear more of this kind of Christian media—and less psycho-babble, get-rich schemes, and hot-issue-of-the-week sorts of broadcasts. (sigh)

Is that a sign that I am just getting old?

• danieleburrow, Dan Francis, Tony Lawrence and 1 other like this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD,  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, OSX 10.11, El Capitan

MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD  + 1.5 TB HD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, OSX 10.11, El Capitan

iPhone 6 plus: 64 GB, iOS 9.0.2

#5 danieleburrow

danieleburrow

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

Adding McGee and Wiersbe's helpful, witty, and Christ-exalting works would be most welcomed.

Brother Jenney, Rod Stewart (a somewhat less than well known theologian), wrote "Forever Young" for good saints such as you!

You are loved and treasured by all of us whom you've touched by your graspable instruction, cheered by your contagious joy, and inspired by your reflection of God's glory through Jesus. Thank you.

Joyfully Magnifying God’s Glory, Through Jesus, Unto All Peoples,

Daniel

Pastor for Preaching,
Open Heart Baptist Church
Selah, WA

#6 eshane7

eshane7

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Bible and technology, languages, hiking, camping, hunting, mechanics. And good coffee.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

I too would love to see both McGee (Thru the Bible) and Wiersbe (His commentary on the OT and NT, as well as the BE series) added to Accordance.

#7 Jordan Gowing

Jordan Gowing

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

I subscribe to David C. Cook ebook's newsletter, and they frequently release Wiersbe commentaries for free.  The Romans "BE" commentary is available right now. (http://www.dccebooks.com)

It certainly isn't Accordance, but if it's free, it can serve as a patch until it is available here.

• eshane7 likes this

Mid-2015 rMBP

OS X 10.11

#8 eshane7

eshane7

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Bible and technology, languages, hiking, camping, hunting, mechanics. And good coffee.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

I subscribe to David C. Cook ebook's newsletter, and they frequently release Wiersbe commentaries for free.  The Romans "BE" commentary is available right now. (http://www.dccebooks.com)

It certainly isn't Accordance, but if it's free, it can serve as a patch until it is available here.

Thanks for that!  Free is always good.

#9 jhancock61

jhancock61

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:traveling, running & road biking, hiking, Alabama Football (Roll Tide!), Atlanta Braves

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:09 PM

Any updates on the possibility of added these 2 commentary series to Accordance?

Thanks!

Jeff

#10 Rikr

Rikr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted Today, 01:31 PM

I know this is an old thread but I too would love to have J. Vernon McGee's commentaries in Accordance.  This resource is one reason I still have to have Logos open.

#11 Dan Francis

Dan Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted Today, 01:56 PM

I am not 100% sure I would be going for Thru the Bible in Accordance but McGee did have great things to say that are still quite relevant.

Oh, the ingratitude of the human race—and especially professing Christians—for all that God has provided! I hear a great deal of complaining about rising prices today. If you are one of those who are complaining, let me ask you something: You had at least one good meal today, didn’t you? You have clothing in your closet, haven’t you? Perhaps you even have some luxuries. Who do you think provided these? “Well,” you may say, “I am an intelligent, hard–working person; I provided them for myself.” I have news for you: God has provided all of those material things for you. He is the one who gave you intelligence. He is the one who gave you a measure of health and strength, and He is the one who provided the job for you. In fact, He is the one who created this earth with a well–stocked pantry and with clean air and clean water and sunshine. And yet you are ungrateful. You can’t sin much worse than that, my friend. It is true that we live in a day when terrible crimes are being committed—stealing, lying, murdering—but the worst sins are being committed by the children of God who are ungrateful. I realize this is not a popular thing to say, but here in the Book of Hosea, this is His charge against Israel.

J. Vernon McGee, Thru the Bible Commentary: The Prophets (Hosea/Joel), electronic ed., vol. 27 (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1991), 32.

-dan

• JohnABarnett likes this

#12 Bob Deacon

Bob Deacon

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers

Posted Today, 04:35 PM

I would like to echo Rikr by saying I too have Logos for both Wiersbe's and McGee's works. I would love to have them in Accordance as well.

Bob

Bob Deacon
Retired Pastor
Conway, NC
Dell Inspiron

Windows 10
Accordance 11

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wiersbe, McGee, Commentary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users