Best way for a clean import of styles into User Tools?

Abram K-J

I'm in the process of duplicating my sermon manuscripts into an Accordance User Tool. They are all in Google Drive/Google Docs now, which is where I write them.

When I copy-paste from Google Docs, I lose formatting (italics and underlines). I want to be able to keep formatting without having to make manual adjustments, if possible.

So I searched the help files and tried an html import--after copying the text into Word. The html Word file looks just fine. When I import, the styles come through right, but there is the additional issue of a bunch of words running together (usually just two words at a time, but in multiple spots), where they weren't doing that in the Word html file. So I'm back to the original problem of having to go through manually to make corrections/adjustments.

Is there something else I can do? My end goal is a non-time-consuming easy import into a User Tool that preserves formatting, and none of my formatting in my manuscripts is very complicated.

Accordance 10.3.4 on late 2008 MacBook, Mavericks 10.9.1.

It is possibly the end of line characters. Before importing the HTML file into Accordance open it with Text Wrangler. Then under the 'Text' menu select the option 'Remove Line Breaks'. Save the HTML file then import and see if that makes any difference.

• Like 1

In the words of Ace Ventura: "Like a glove!"

Thank you, Steve--worked perfectly.