Request for title heading in sidebar on all tools

Abram K-J

I notice that some Tools have the tool title (and thus title page with copyright info) as its own heading, appearing in the sidebar table of contents.

Others don't, however. I'm not sure why the inconsistency, but would like to see this consistent across the board, if possible. For example, Wesley Study Bible and NICNT-18 both have (as the top title in the sidebar) the very beginning of the module.

But even other new modules (e.g., The Glory of Preaching and the new Zondervan Atlas) don't have the title/title page in the sidebar, so that to get there, one can only navigate as high as "Prologue" and "Preface" (respectively), and then have to manually scroll up to get to the top of the module/title page.

If I could get at the guts of the module as I can a User Tool, I'd just go in quickly and add the heading myself, but... I don't know how to do that. :) Seems a (quick?) adjustment to consider for future module updates?

Let me know if I should report as an actual correction, and I can do that, too, as I come across it module-by-module.

Edited by Abram K-J

It's a limitation set by the kind of tool it is. General tools do not show the first title entry. There's a reason (which I don't know), but that's the way that things work [for now?]. ;)

Interesting--so it's not just as simple as putting that little "T" in the margin where the title/title page is?

Truth be told, these resources [should] already have the markup needed to show that book title, it's simply that the program itself doesn't allow for General Tools to show that first instance in the browser. I'm not entirely sure of why, even though Help states, "User Tools function like a General tool in Accordance," that in this regard user tools and general tools differ, but they do. That would be a question for someone with more knowledge/experience than I.

• Like 1

Interestingly, there's inconsistency here even between two Greek Tools, BDAG and LEH. The former shows the title in the contents browser but not the latter. (Though LEH is actually missing browser/TOC sidebar links to all of the front material, as I noted here.)

Language Tools (English, Greek, Hebrew) do not have this limit to their functionality. Likely what has happened with LEH (can't say, as I don't have access to the source files) is that the titles are set as such but the title paragraphs are not marked as a level in the browser hierarchy (unlike user tools we have the option to populate a title field without it showing in the browser). There are a whole host of reasons as to why this was [could have been] done, but suffice to say, this limitation is only for General Tools.