My ASV isn't working any more

caspianrex

I hadn't used Accordance for a little while, and when I went to use it today, I tried to open the ASV. When I do, popup opens that says "Where is the file for the 'ASV' text?" It shows a file entitled ASV.atext.acc2, but the icon for that file shows a lock, and when I try to open it, I get an error message telling me that the file won't open, because ASV.acc2 was the "expected file."

Now this only happens on my desktop computer. I also have Accordance installed on my notebook, and the ASV is working just fine.

I can't figure out what's going on...please advise!

Cory Howell

Nashville, TN

I'm attaching a screenshot, so you can see exactly what I'm getting when I click on the Info button next to the ASV in my Library.

Greenshot_2014-03-14_11-57-00.jpg

Hey ya,

Your ASV seems to have picked up an extra extension : ASV.atext.acc2. There have been various issues with updates to extensions in 10. I have in the past manually corrected the extension to just one using Explorer and then pointed Acc at it on the next open when the dialog you have above pops up and that's usually been enough. I'm not exactly sure which extension to pick because I see conflicting indications in the forums. I suspect .atext is the one to keep but I'm not at the PC at the moment to check.

I suppose an alternative would be to delete the ASV from your library and reinstall it with Easy Install. That would work and then you should get the correct extension used in that module.

Thx

D

I did delete ASV, but when I opened Easy Install, it doesn't give me the option of reinstalling the ASV.

Hm.....

Did you delete it from your library, or only from your hard drive?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the same thing happen to a whole slew of my texts on my Windows Vista installation of Accordance. I tried changing the extension to .acc2, but that doesn't help. (Notably, the file icon does not change from a folder to an Accordance icon). I'll use Easy install on the texts I really need, but I'll leave a few I don't use much for the moment, in case you have a suggestion for an easier fix that I can test.

Lorinda

Edit: and not just Texts: at least a third if not a half of my tools have had this happen, too.

Edited by Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda,

I've sent you a private message with some ideas for fixing this issue. Hopefully we can get it taken care of!

Ryan

I messaged Ryan back, but I found that if I changed to extension to just .atext or .atool, that fixed my problem, at least in the short term.