.ACC4 file ongoing issue

Micah643

I have an iMac, macbook, iphone, and iPad all syncing with dropbox. On my iMac, iPad, and iPhone I have a user note called "Bible Study." All syncs well with those three.

When I try to sync my macbook with dropbox it creates duplicate files and adds .acc4 to them all. So there is a "Bible Study" and "Bible Study.acc4" user note. On the macbook I can ONLY see the .acc4 file. How do I get it to see and sync to the non .acc4 user notes?

Thank you for your time.

It looks like you allowed Accordance on your macbook to "upgrade" your user notes to be cross platform (which added the extension). Unfortunately, for some dropbox users, Accordance has had trouble distinguishing these duplicate files (where the only file name difference is the extension), and Accordance will not be able to automatically fix the duplicates.

Here are some steps to clean up the duplicates:

• You will have to determine which file has all of your latest changes ("Bible Study" or "Bible Study.acc4").
  • Delete the older one in the dropbox folder.
  • Manually uninstall (and delete both user note files on the iMac and macbook) the user note from all of your devices
  • Sync all of your devices after all duplicates are removed. The syncing should install the newer one on all of your devices.

Let us know if you need more specifics on any of the steps above.

Sorry for the hassles,

Mike