Search All improvements

Ken Han

When performing Search All, a modal window (is that the right term?) pops up, and as it cannot be dismissed, Accordance becomes unavailable until the search is done. With only a few modules this is not really a problem, but the more modules one has installed, the search takes longer and longer, and that Accordance becomes unusable during the search is irritating.

1. It seems Accordance searches the modules one by one, waiting until one module search is done before it begins a search on another module. Is it possible, since all modern cpus whether on desktop or mobile have multicores, to speed up the search all process with multiple processes running concurrently?

2. Is it possible to embed the search progress indicator or display it in such a way that I can still interact and work while Search All is running?

• Like 1

Also, Search All can search, it seems, my user tools but not my user notes. I think this needs to be addressed.

When performing Search All, a modal window (is that the right term?) pops up, and as it cannot be dismissed, Accordance becomes unavailable until the search is done. With only a few modules this is not really a problem, but the more modules one has installed, the search takes longer and longer, and that Accordance becomes unusable during the search is irritating.

1. It seems Accordance searches the modules one by one, waiting until one module search is done before it begins a search on another module. Is it possible, since all modern cpus whether on desktop or mobile have multicores, to speed up the search all process with multiple processes running concurrently?

2. Is it possible to embed the search progress indicator or display it in such a way that I can still interact and work while Search All is running?

+1

+1