Auto Scroll issue

Julie Palmer

Posting for a user:

"When I activate the auto scrolling, my Windows computer works well until I click to stop reading, and then the program starts stalling, wavering, the hour glass starts floating and does not cease until I close and then I get a message, do I want to close it. What is wrong?"

Julie,

Do you know anything else about the content the user is scrolling? Does he try to scroll on a parallel? Did he change the auto-scroll parameters in the preferences?

Can you tell which version of Accordance and of Windows he is running?

Oh. I was just able to reproduce this on a secondary workspace on Vista. Not on Win7 and not on Win8. Clicking again while the hour glass is going, dismisses it, and everything should go back to normal.

Please let me know if this is the case with this user.

I have no other info. I'll message you his email address.

• 5 months later...

I can also get auto scroll to freeze fairly consistently on Windows 8.1.

If I just leave it for long enough, or click anywhere after more than a couple of seconds, it will freeze.

If I then click, Accordance goes dim.

I can usually fix it by minimizing Accordance and it's fixed when I maximise it.

I can actually see that the moment I click on the Accordance icon it is fixed (it goes non-dim).

I've tried this in a bunch of tools and texts.

on 10.4.3.5683

also on 10.4.4.5777 (beta)

• 3 weeks later...

I can also confirm that autoscroll is problematic. In fullscreen mode with multiple panes, it will scroll for a few seconds and lock up.

Windows 8.1