Where are the downloads?

Helen Brown

I am using an iBook G4 with 1GB of RAM using OS 10.4.8 and I am using a cable broadband connection to the internet.

When I first used the new version of the widget it showed me several new module updates. I used the widget to update all available modules and it did so successfully except for the module PSEUD-T and APOSP-T which is not available for download via the internet (It doesn't have a check-box next to it). I have attempted 8 more time to download PSEUD-T 4.1. Five times it failed and told me to try again and twice it said that the download was sucessful, installation was successful and that I should open Accordance. However, when I go to Accordance it still shows the PSUED-T 4.0 module is present not 4.1. When I open the Text folder it still shows the same date (Nov 3, 2006).

Please advise!

Dave Hunt

David:

You did quit Accordance completely before the update and rerun Accordance afterwards?

OK, we see problems in those two modules, trying to track them down.

Both seem to be working now, please try again.

Helen

I downloaded the latest version of AccUpdater 2.1.2. It appeared to have run successfully. After starting and quitting Accordance, I reran Accupdater. The same modules were still listed as out-of-date. I then downloaded and installed 7.1.1. Now AccUpdater failed on the first run and indicated that an error occurred on the next attempt. According to AccUpdater almost every module in my file is out-of-date.

Oak Tree makes an excellent application, but the methods of updating available completely unacceptable. The situation continues to worsen.

Jack Caviness

I've been having issues with the AccUpdater module. I thought that I would post my experience here just in case others are having the same issues.

I am running the newest one from Dec. 6th (I believe this is 2.1.2).

The widget scans properly and tells me that I have two modules that may be updated online. When I check them and then click update the widget flips and prompts me for my username / password. I enter this data and then click continue and... nothing. It doesn't appear to do anything at all. I left it for a few hours (there are only two modules and I have tried one at a time) but the widget just seems to die.

I can click cancel and I am returned to the module list.

Jeremy

EDITED:

I may have found my problem. Here's to reading the instructions...

Installing the Widget

The Accordance installer places the AccUpdater.wdgt on the desktop.

If you have OS 10.4.2 or higher, double-click the file to install the widget in your user ~/Library/Widgets/. You will work through two standard widget dialog boxes.

If you have 10.4 or 10.4.1, you must manually place the widget in that folder (you may have to create a Widgets folder in your user/Library). Do not put it in the hard drive/Library/Widgets/ as it will not work from there. Then you can launch it with a double-click or install it via the dashboard by clicking the + sign.

David:

You did quit Accordance completely before the update and rerun Accordance afterwards?

OK, we see problems in those two modules, trying to track them down.

Both seem to be working now, please try again.

Yes Helen, I did all the appropriate restarts of Accordance.

Once I got home today I tried the download again and eveything went fine. All up to date the easy and

less expensive way. Thanks!

I thought I'd let you have some good news since I know that the Download Widget has been a difficult birth and seems, in the early stages, to be a "strong willed child".

Dave Hunt

Another reason that both widgets fail is when the Accordance application is on a different hard drive from the system. If you have it on an external drive or a partition, everything else should work, but not the widgets, sorry!

I just want to add my thanks for all the effort and work Accordance has gone to for the AccUpdater widget.

It did take me a few tries to get it to work, but still, much better than the "old way" of updating modules.

Thanks for staying on top of all the bugs and for suggesting solutions so quickly.

• 1 month later...

The Widget works wonderously! Thank you!

Can you add a version number to the widget?

It would help us know which one we have immediately.

Glad to hear its working. You can get the version number of the widget by finding the actual widget file (found in ~/Library/Widgets/) and getting info. That is a good idea though, in the next release I'll put a visible version number so people can easily tell what version they are running.

That is a good idea though, in the next release I'll put a visible version number so people can easily tell what version they are running.

Thank you!

Thank you!

I wish to add my thanks.

The old ways of upgrading modules was to get the new CD, which included all the upgraded modules, and run a standard install.

That had the drawback that you had to wait for the new CD to be released, usually in November. Now it is possible to suggest a correction to a module and download the upgraded module within a shorter time. This is very valuable to me.

Marco

Archived