Preferred Greek and Hebrew Texts with Essential Collection

Dr. Nathan Parker

I just purchased the Accordance 10 Essential Collection. I want to designate one of my Greek and Hebrew texts as my Preferred Greek and Hebrew Texts. Which ones ideally should I choose?

Thanks!

Looks like its an easy choice on hebrew: HMT-W4

(only text available in essential bundle without sigla for apparatus / BHS-T is here the university standard (actually in revision -> BHQ ((Quinta) in the works until 2020))

For greek I would go with the GNT28-T its the latest university grade text without sigla (used for Apparatus - NA28-T is here the university standard but not included in Essential)

^^Choosing your greek text depends on where your theological roots are.. The standard university grade text are the only opportunity in germany universities.

Edited by JayDee

Sounds good. Thanks for the info! I'll start with these and add more Biblical language texts later as I need them. Just trying to get my feet wet with Accordance 10 before I add on more modules.

You will be good with these text versions you have for a while. The apparatus is needed when you really want to dig into the original language. They list up all important text findings and help to evaluate which "probably" (its science ;-) not every decision is agreed by everyone) was the original text and what are common mistakes done by copying the text or physical damage to the text (missing words, sentences or entire paragraphs) or intentional changes.. (thats why there are so many intentional interpretations than real translations) One well known theological problem is how the name of Lord is translated or interpreted...

If you thrust the scholar you're good to go with the latest versions of the texts and don't need the apparatus. If you want to evaluate by yourself why it has this or that letter.. You still can upgrade to an apparatus text (theres some to understand how text criticsm decisions are made but there are good introduction texts etc.)

^^but you probably did know all this before.

-> The essential bundle is a great bundle to start studying the bible with accordance.

I've got some apparatuses in other platforms (such as Logos) and plan to purchase some in Accordance (such as the CNTTS) later this year. I'm a Bibliology geek, so I actually thoroughly enjoy comparing texts and reading apparatuses. I know when I purchase some, I'll enjoy them. :-)

The Essential Bundle does look great starting out. It at least got me fully onto Accordance, plus I love having the graphics bundle. I'm sure eventually I'll upgrade to larger collections and add on more as time permits. I'm just glad to finally be jumping into Accordance and giving it a spin. I love how fast it is compared to other programs (such as Logos).

Nathan, I take it you've seen Accordance's crossgrades page?

I've forgotten about those! Thanks for reminding me! There's definitely a bunch of that I have in Logos I can crossgrade to Accordance to for a good discount. Nice!

• Like 1

Sure thing--make sure also to ask Sales about possible crossgrades for items not listed.

Will do. Thanks again!

• Like 1