Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:29 AM

I think we should have at least 20 modern European language Bibles before we get another one in English. :)

• Fabian and piotrj like this

#22 piotrj

piotrj

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:50 AM

I think we should have at least 20 modern European language Bibles before we get another one in English. :)

+1

#23 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:29 AM

Of course, I wouldn't be able to read a single one of them, but I understand the need to break the anglocentric bias of Accordance Bible modules.

However, as we have been seen in this thread, it does not appear to be straightforward to acquire the digital rights to some (non-English) versions.

#24 Jon Glass

Jon Glass

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

Of course, I wouldn't be able to read a single one of them, but I understand the need to break the anglocentric bias of Accordance Bible modules.

However, as we have been seen in this thread, it does not appear to be straightforward to acquire the digital rights to some (non-English) versions.

Well... there does seem to be some potential "movement" on a couple Polish translations--Tysiaclecia and the EIB. I'd be nice to at least know if these are going to see the light of day any time soon--of course, just saying they are being worked on (still)...

And then, there's a new translation, the "Updated Gdansk Bible". It can be found here: https://wrotanadziei.org/I'm sure these guys will be willing to see it available for free on Accordance--but one must ask them. :-)

• Fabian and piotrj like this

#25 piotrj

piotrj

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:10 AM

yes, sure. but last year there was at least a signal of hope ("we're working on that"). now we don't really know what to think...

and we (polish users of Accordance, I mean) are still more and more... I know because I personally made some people pass from another kind of software.

we have to keep fighting! they will not make us silent! ;)  

• Jon Glass and Fabian like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users