Accordance 10 First Impressions

Dr. Nathan Parker

I wanted to post a few impressions of Accordance 10 (as well as some with version 9 since I installed that on my PowerBook as well) since I've been playing with it over the weekend.

1. It amazes me how fast it is. It's the fastest loading and searching program I've ever used.

2. The interface of Accordance 10 especially is excellent. I love how Mac native it feels, plus managing a Bible study workflow on it is so fluid.

3. Love the graphics bundle. The 3D Bible Atlas is very fun to use. So are the pictures. I can't wait to dig in more to them.

4. I'm impressed at even though Accordance 10 is state of the art, it's very backward compatible. Even very old Exchange files I downloaded open inside it flawlessly. I love how you've improved on technology without totally breaking compatibility and having to force re-do everything from scratch.

5. Even throwing Accordance 9 on my 2006 PowerBook is impressive. It launches and searches faster than other Bible programs running on my Intel machines. While I love all the Accordance 10 improvements, Accordance 9 on my old PowerBook is still very fully functional for Bible study in the event I needed to use it. I love how you've allowed people on vintage Macs to still have a very solid Bible study experience. 3D Bible Atlas and all the graphics tools ran almost as fast on my PowerBook as they do in version 10 on my Intel Macs. That's pretty impressive.

All in all, it's been a fun weekend playing with Accordance, and I can't wait to dig in even more!

Thank you for these positive impressions. We are glad that you are finally able to jump into Accordance after several years on the fringes. I am sure you had your reasons, but we did wonder why it took so long for you to take the plunge.

All the best with your studies.

Thanks for the comments! It took me way too long to plunge, but it feels great to finally be fully on board. My only regret is why I didn't plunge years sooner. I can't wait to add on additional modules to Accordance and learn more how to use this fascinating program!