ESV 2001, 2007, and 2011

Battlesman

Is there a way to compare ESV texts of 2001, 2007, and 2011 like I compare the texts of ESV, NIV, and HCSB to each other? I ask because my main Bible is a 2007 text ESV, but our church recently purchased 2011 text editions. It would be helpful to see exactly which changes appear in the text I'm about to preach from.

(I'm aware that Crossway published a list of changes in the 2011 from the 2007, but who wants to search that list every time?)

Dustin, just noticed the part of your message in parentheses. I guess you already know of the link I listed. Sorry for missing that.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

One thing you might want to do, though it would take some time, is to put the changes into a new User Notes file. Attached are PDF files of the 2007 and 2011 changes. That way, you could take the time once (boring grunt work) and be done with it.

ESV Changes 2007.pdf ESV Changes 2011.pdf

Thanks, Julie and Randy. However, I'm trying to prevent having to do that. I enjoy being able to do a translation comparison of the '84 NIV to the '11 NIV, so I'm asking whether that's possible.

Since Accordance only sells one version of the ESV, I don't think that's going to be possible. The ESV changes were tweaks, not a major revision.

The NIV84 —> NIV11 was a major overhaul authorized by the owner of the version. The NIV11 has now replaced the NIV84, with the older version no longer available unless you can find a hard copy somewhere.

No, you can compare versions only when we assign a new name to them.

Thanks for weighing in, Helen. Is there any way I can assign my own names to the ESV versions, thus allowing me to compare on my own machine, even if Accordance doesn't officially support it?

No, sorry, the module names are internal so changing the file name won't work.