#1 Enoch

Enoch

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

I was trying to see if there were a Spanish interlinear function (e.g., 

El Nuevo Testamento Interlineal Griego-Español (Greek-Spanish Interlinear New Testament)
By: Cesar Vidal).  

But in the library search, neither interlinear nor interlineal gives any results. 
So I tried to activate the interlinear, which I have done before with no trouble (not with latest Accordance version though).  But I found I could not even get English to word.  I could find no way to get the English gloss under the Greek words.  I kept erasing the functions I did not want to see (like lemma), only to find every time I returned they were again active.  But I never could get an English gloss under the Greek words, and I found no help in Accordance help.  I found the icon, but when I marked "just translation," I got nothing under the Greek words but blackness.  (I run green on black, except in Instant Details where I cannot get rid of the glaring white background.)

#2 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

Hi Enoch,

I might be misunderstanding exactly what you are asking. If so let me know.

The dynamic interlinear requires a tagged text : file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/04_gswa/dynamic_interlinear_display.htm?Highlight=interlinear. I can get Greek interlinear with the the RSVS :

Reina-Valera 1909 con Strong (Spanish)
Santa Biblia, Reina-Valera Revisión de 1909 con números de Strong (RVR09S)
Public Domain
Formatted and corrected by OakTree Software, Inc.
Strong’s Numbers tagging by Rubén Gómez ©2011
Version 1.1

but my Spanish is so poor its a good thing I have the Greek :) which is so poor I'm glad of the English.

Attached File  RSVS_IL.jpg   49.08KB   1 downloads

Is this basically what you are looking for ?

thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua

ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν

lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      12GB RAM                                8GB RAM
      Accordance 11.2.4 and 12                Accordance 11.1.6 and 12
      OSX 10.11 (Yosemite)                    Win 10 Professional x64

#3 Enoch

Enoch

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

thanks for the response, Daniel, and for telling me that Reina-Valera is available as an interlinear -- I noticed it in the menu after you pointed it out.  

But i can't get any translation to show.   Every time I click on a translation module, KJVS, ESVS, RVR09S, or Joe Nameth; no translation appears, though whenever I add another translation, I get a wider black space between lines of Greek text.  I can get lemma and transliterations, but no English translation & no Spanish translation.  Just a blank black space where the translation should go.  In short, I cannot get any interlinear translation.

As I said, So I tried to activate the interlinear, which I have done before with no trouble (not with latest Accordance version though).  But I found I could not even get English to word.  I could find no way to get the English gloss under the Greek words.  I kept erasing the functions I did not want to see (like lemma), only to find every time I returned they were again active.  But I never could get an English gloss under the Greek words, and I found no help in Accordance help.  I found the icon, but when I marked "just translation," I got nothing under the Greek words but blackness.

POSTSCRIPT, Oh No!

I discovered that apparently the reason why I don't see the translation is that it displays in black!  This must be a bug in the latest Accordance version!

Attached Files

Edited by Enoch, 09 April 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#4 Enoch

Enoch

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

Let me see if I can get a screen shot to post as such.

Nope, "An error occured.  You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

I did the shift-command-control-4 and then tried to paste, but got the error message.  I thought I had learned how to do it, but it didn't work again.  However, I was able to attach it above, though it displayed as a thumbnail to click on.

#5 Enoch

Enoch

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

I will try again.  This is a png shot:

But when I copied and pasted, I got only a reference to where the file is on my computer, no foto here.

Try again, same result (my name replaced with "me")

file:///Users/me/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202014-04-09%20at%2022.49.07.png

neither does it work if one puts IMG & /IMG in brackets before and after it.

Edited by Enoch, 09 April 2014 - 11:32 PM.

#6 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

Hey Enoch, silly question. Is this just that you have the text pane display setup in such a way that the gloss is showing up black on black ? Try going to Set Text Pane Display and picking say the Default theme for a quick test.

thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua

ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν

lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      12GB RAM                                8GB RAM
      Accordance 11.2.4 and 12                Accordance 11.1.6 and 12
      OSX 10.11 (Yosemite)                    Win 10 Professional x64

#7 Enoch

Enoch

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

You are correct Daniel.  Accordance is malfunctioning now, displaying certain elements of the interlinear only in black colored font,  ignoring the general color theme.  So if your background is (eye-resting) black, you don't see those elements.  So until Accordance fixes this glitch, to use interlinear I will need to be changing theme for the purpose -- or use an older version of Accordance, which I left in one of my computers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users