Bug when searching in ZEB

Ken Simpson

Hi, I am getting a strange result when searching in ZEB

Open ZEB as a standalone tool,

change search field to captions

enter "donkey" (no quotes) and press return

I get 5 results (exact search)

the first thing to see is that on the 4th hit, (navigated to by pressing the down Mk triangle) that the word donkey is not highlit as you would expect a hit to be

post-29509-0-20283100-1397287503_thumb.png

and when you press the down triangle the next time it jumps you back to the first page of the tool

post-29509-0-75879900-1397287545_thumb.png

There is a crash here in the windows version, but I will post a bug report over there as well

And, another weirdness is, that if you set the tool to search by Entry, and you search for donkey, the first hit result displayed is at p173. If you press the Mk down triangle you get a beep as if it's the last one (even though there are three hits). If you hit the Mk up triangle it jumps "backwards" to p401, and then if you press it again to p400. Seems definitely weird to me.

Edited by Ken Simpson

I can confirm 'donkey' is not highlighted on the fourth hit. Also, the fifth hit does take you back to the first page of the tool.

Every time I test this on the Windows version and get to the fifth hit, it causes Accordance to crash. Interestingly, it also causes my Mac version to crash as well, but only about 50% of the time. I also found that the problem is the same whether I open the ZEB as a standalone tool or not.

I can also confirm the same issue as Ken when I search for 'donkey' via Entry.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan. I was going to post about the Windows issue but you beat me to it. I too get the same crash.

But I haven't had a macos crash...phew!

I believe this is an error in the module that should be fixed soon.