Sync Loss

Julia Falling

I did a manual sync with DropBox this morning and lost everything I had entered into my Prayer Journal since Sunday. I don't manual-sync everyday, as I should, but to have the latest version replaced with an older one can't be the default result?

I was able to redo what I'd done, but makes me very wary of syncing in general.

Is this a known issue?

Julie,

While I am very vigilant to sync regularly, I also make a copy of my Accordance folder and place it on my desktop. I do this about every other day mainly because I have had many issues with syncing in the past. Most of those have been with the auto sync which has been corrected in 10.4.2 beta but truthfully I am still wary. I did however experience two cases of a manual sync problem with the recent (10.4.2) beta. I have had greater success with 10.4.1 doing the manual sync. Sync problems are known by the team and are in the active resolution process.

Bob

Thanks for the reply, Bob.

I'm happy to hear that the issue is being addressed. I just don't want to lose all the time that has done into Notes, Tools, and Highlights. And sometimes I can't remember what I've done and when I did it, making it impossible to recover the loss of data.

Copying before syncing, and running TimeMachine before syncing, should offer the best protection.

Edited by Julie Falling