Accordance services selecting pilcrow

AKCY

Does anyone know how to get Pages to not select the pilcrow at the end of a typed verse reference when using Joe Weaks' Accordance Services to Paste verses into the Pages Document?

I triple-click my verse in the Pages document, then use my keyboard shortcut to invoke the Accordance service. When the verse is pasted in, the text following the verse is added immediately after the verse, rather than being separated by the original paragraph marker (pilcrow).

Any ideas? Thank you to anyone who is able to help!

AKCY, the problem is that triple-click selects the whole paragraph, which includes the paragraph marker. You obviously have references by themselves on a line. Let me suggest you instead double-click and hold on the first word of the reference, and then drag to the right, which selects a word at a time. When you release as it highlights the last verse in your reference, it will not include the paragraph marker.

Having said that, the Accordance Script Library strips out any trailing whitespace (spaces, returns, etc), but, thinking about it, I could have it add a paragraph marker back at the end of the result. I think that would most often me the preferred behavior. I'll look into that.

Thank you Mr. Weaks! I appreciate your response and that you share your Accordance Script Library with those of us who are less technically proficient.

You are welcome, AKCY. Glad it's been useful to you. I've really no idea who or how many use the Script Library, though I know the last version was downloaded >300 times.