Hyperlinked Page Numbers in Bonhoeffer Works

Abram K-J

When I click on a hyperlinked page number in a DBW volume (volume 1, in this case, and the page number is listed in a footnote), I am taken to that page in a different/new tab. Even if I make sure the recycle icon is highlighted, a new tab opens.

In a commentary (NICNT18/R.T. France, in this case), clicking on a hyperlinked "see on Matthew x:x" takes me to that page/verse of the commentary, but keeps me in the same tab. Then to get back to my original place I can click the back arrow, pointing left.

I'm curious if there's a way (for me or for Accordance) to have my DBW tool behave in the same way that commentaries do when clicking on a hyperlinked page number that takes me elsewhere in the same tool.

I'm curious if there's a way (for me or for Accordance) to have my DBW tool behave in the same way that commentaries do when clicking on a hyperlinked page number that takes me elsewhere in the same tool.

Short answer: not currently. We've discussed different options related to this, but nothing concrete at the moment; so no ETA on when that might change.

One thing I just noticed: when I am in a multiple-zone workspace, the new DBW tab that opens goes into a different zone, not the same one that had the DBW module open. A related item for future consideration (if/as this comes under discussion again) could be a way for the new tab (if there's going to be a new tab) to stay in the same zone.

Can you post a snapshot? A new tab should be in the same zone.

Sure. Clicking on the hyperlinked 82 (page number) in the bottom left zone brings up the new tab in the top left zone.

post-31802-0-33813000-1399733789_thumb.png

Well, you have two zones for tools, and that's probably what causes it, maybe the other was opened first so Accordance uses it first.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the other was opened first"? The bottom left zone is the one in which I was working/reading the DBW tool, with no DBW tab present in the top left zone, until clicking on a hyperlink. Also, that top left zone is "Mixed," whereas the bottom left and top right zones are both "Tools," and it doesn't open in either of those zones for tools (i.e., for tools only).

Accordance has to open a new tab to search for the page number. Which zone it opens in is programmed based on logical rules. I don't know the rules (we don't need to know them) so I just speculated that it may give preference to the order in which zones were created, but it may also be their position in the workspace. Does it matter? You can move the new tab to the zone of your choice and keep it open to be recycled for future similar actions.

Does it matter?

Not hugely--I mean, it obviously mattered enough for me to take the time to post about it, but it's a minor nuisance.