Toggle Masoretic Pointing?

Tim M.

I have been unable to discover how to remove the masoretic pointing from HMT-W4. In Bibleworks this is done by pressing "x" and I am quite certain there must be an easy way to do this in accordance, but I'm stumped. I should clarify that I'm not concerned about what is included when I copy and paste the text. I know how to control this. I'm interested in removing the pointing when viewing the text in accordance. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums, Tim.

It's not possible when viewing the text.

I have been unable to discover how to remove the masoretic pointing from HMT-W4.

This, doesn't answer your question..

but Accordance offers a 'some' Hebrew / Aramaic texts that come with out the Nikkudot (Vowel Points) and without the Cantillation marks.

For example:

1. The Samaritan Pentateuch
  2. The Targums (untagged /Aramaic)
  3. The Talmud (Untagged)
  4. The Sifra (Untagged)
  5. Dead Sea Scrolls Biblical Manuscripts
  6. Sirach (Hebrew Text)
  7. Sirach (Syriac Peshitta)
  8. Hebrew Inscriptions (tagged)
  9. Judean Desert Corpus
  10. Qumran Non-Biblical Manuscripts (tagged)
  11. Tosefta
  12. Sifre BeMidbar (Numbers)
  13. Sifre DeBarim (Deuteronomy)
  14. Mekhilta de Rabbi Ishmael
  15. Textbook of Aramaic Documents
  16. The Massorah section of the BHQ
  17. And, THE Masorah Thesaurus
Edited by bkMitchell
  • Like 1

bkMitchell, you've outdone yourself--thanks for posting all this in one place! You should go into cantillation consulting. :)

Abram K-J and bkMitchell,

Thanks for your help!

I recently invested in the Greek Codex Add-On so I could start to practice reading Greek how it actually appeared in manuscripts. (I.e., without accents and breathing marks and in all caps.) I would also occasionally (when I wanted a challenge) use that same "x" key feature in BW when I was in my second year of learning Hebrew.

Perhaps if this request comes to fruition in Accordance, an accompanying unpointed Hebrew text to go along with it could make sense and also become available. It would be a nice Hebrew complement to the Greek images and codex texts Accordance already offers.

• Like 1