shortcut key for '@' tagging

Anthony Sepulveda

Hello,

In Accordance for Windows, what would be the keyboard shortcut for the '@' sign when I want to type a tagged search directly from the command line? No shortcut key was indicated beside the menu item, and when I type in a Greek or Hebrew tagged search, the keyboard layout changes, and so I can't type in '@' the way I'm used to.

Thanks,

--anthony

Anthony, I believe the @ sign is just shift-2. Does this not work for you?

I'm using a European keyboard layout (Spanish-International). With this keyboard layout, the '@' is typed as Alt-Gr+2: after a few more tests, now I see that Accordance doesn't recognize key combinations with the Alt-Gr key. Would this be easy to implement for the next release?

You can always put in the @ symbol using the menus, but that's not quite what you're asking.

(Interestingly Apple tried to autocorrect menus to emus there. Maybe we could train some emus to do it!) :blink:

there's also Alt 64

if I recall

Hi Joe,
This also made me recall that these alt-number combinations only work with the numeric keypad, and not with the numbers below the function keys. Yep, I guess it's back to Alt-64 for now, instead of the quicker key combination with Shift-2 or AltGr-2. (but hey, if you can implement support for non-US keyboard layouts, that would be great)
Thanks a lot.

Hi Ken,
Yes, I was thinking of a faster way to type in the tagged searches, without having to move the mouse and clicking menus.
Thanks!
Edited by antxon

antxon, in the meantime would an app like TextExpander work for you, where you could assign a not-so-regularly-used key to be a shortcut to @? For example, if you use @ a lot, but not \, you could assign the latter to call up the former, as long as Text Expander is open. What I don't know is whether/how TextExpander works with various keyboards.

Hi Abraham,

Thanks for the tip; I'll check it out and see if it's worth it.

Cheers,

--anthony

• Like 1

Sure--you can download a free trial and see what you think.

I thought TextExpander was just on the Mac (and iOS). I don't use it. You may have to find an equivalent.

Axton, you should not be satisfied with the lame solution of having to use an Alt combo for such a standard function in Accordance. Until OakTree has a better solution, what I would do would be look into one of those registry hacks that allows you to change the key bindings. You'd have to search for solutions.

Ah, right--good point, Joe. I missed that. There are similar programs for Windows that look like they do the same thing, but I haven't used any.