Running Accordance on Dell Venue Pro 8

Coleman Ford

Hello! I've been using Accordance on Mac for 5 years and was thinking about grabbing a Dell Venue Pro (running Windows 8.1) as a tablet and light use Windows machine. Does anyone know if Accordance for Windows will run on this tablet? It's a 2GB ram, 64GB SSD model. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Coleman, it should run just fine. You're smart to get the 64 GB model because more than half of the 32 GB Venue Pro is taken up with Windows itself.

Be certain to get the stylus that Dell offers. Accordance is a desktop app, as you know, so the touch points will be small.

I've considered getting one as a dedicated Accordance tablet for church. I used my Surface Pro for this before I sold it. It's nice having a full version of Accordance on a small tablet as opposed to the less feature-rich iOS version. Of all of the small Windows tablets out there, the Dell Venue Pro is the only one I'd consider because of the stylus.

Edited by R. Mansfield
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help! I was looking at the stylus as well. Review says that a bluetooth mouse will work as well.

It will. I used Microsoft's Bluetooth Wedge Mouse with my Surface Pro. However, that's only good if you're sitting at a table or desk. Otherwise, the stylus will come in very handy.

Edited by R. Mansfield

• 1 month later...

I just installed Accordance on a 64 gig Dell Venue Pro 8 and I'm finding that it works pretty well. All of my modules installed and the Greek and Hebrew are readable.

So far I have two issues:

First is that it really needs to import the type of verse navigation used in the iPad. The onscreen Keyboard completely obscures the entry box.

Second, The handwriting input panel doesn't work to add text to user notes. If I have a keyboard selected, then it works fine. Mystery to me.

I've noticed that some Windows desktop programs work with handwriting and some don't. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know what it would involve to add the ability to Accordance, but it would be a helpful feature to include for tablet users.