BDAG ref Works, like BDF (Blass)

Enoch

Wouldn't it be loverly if all the references in BDAG could be triple clicked to obtain the reference.

I was just looking at the BDAG entry on poieō and saw an interesting reference like, "For omission of the augment, see B-D-F, paragraph blah blah." And BDF was in yellow indicating for me that there would be something on it in Instant Details. I was thinking how great it would be if I could triple click on that ref and up would pop the BDF commentary in this standard grammar. Then I checked to find that apparently Accordance does not even sell this work. Then I dreamed how nice it would be if every such reference in BDAG were in the Accordance library and one could just triple click to get to the referred commentary or grammatical explanation.

Now in a dream world, also the journal articles in BDAG would the same way be obtained. Some journal article exists on some Greek word or usage, and with a quick triple click up it would come! I must go back and check if one can do the same with apocrypha, pseudepigrapha, and relatively obscure works like The Dormition of Mary.

Edited by Enoch

FWIW, BDF has been a popular forum request. I agree that it would be nice to have it available in Accordance, though the staff has said in previous posts that it's a lot of work. It was one of the first "add-on modules" (i.e., purchase separately) that I got in BibleWorks, though Accordance might be able to do more with it.