Eph => Epher; Heb => Heber

Enoch

Should it be regarded as a bug that searching for a word yields that word with the suffix -er automatically?

I found out that if you enter in a search for a Bible book like Eph for Ephesians, or Heb for Hebrews, the result does not give you the Bible book, but a reference to Epher and Heber -- that is, if you do the accident of having the Search window set on the wrong choice, word instead of verse. Of course the result can give you a chuckle. And you become familiarized with obscure Bible characters. This bug? might be fixed if the system would not ignore capital letters when you put them in the search window.

Should it be regarded as a bug that searching for a word yields that word with the suffix -er automatically?

IMHO, having one window (for both verse and word) with the choice in a tiny obscure, hard to read, non-contrasting color choice menu window, is a major inconvenience with Accordance which might be called a bug. It could be unbugged with a preference choice to have separate search windows, one for verse, and one for word.

Edited by Enoch

Enoch I cannot replicate this.

If I search for Heb, and the search entry is set to Words, I am taken to the book of Hebrews (not verses containing Heber). Similarly Eph in Words mode yields the book of Ephesians, not verses containing Epher.

Changing Scope to something other than Verse does not change this behavior.

I wonder if there is something in your preference settings that gives you this anomaly.

I think that Enoch has the new Flex search turned on. It's clearly bothering him, so I suggest he turns it off in Preferences: Search Tabs, and default to Exact Search instead.

• Like 1

That is the difference. Flex search will yield the results Enoch reported in the original post. Thank you Helen.

Accordance is acting as programmed.

• Like 1