Lexham English Bible and SBL Greek NT Bundle

Dr. Nathan Parker

Since the Lexham English Bible and SBL Greek NT are freely available, it'd be great to have these in Accordance as an Accordance bundle, and even possibly included in future base collections:

http://lexhamenglishbible.com

http://sblgnt.com

Or if someone wanted to take the time to make User Bibles out of them to post to the Exchange, that'd work as well. :-)

Those would be two more resources I could crossgrade over into Accordance format with.

Thanks!

Since Lexham is Logos's Bible, I have a hard time seeing Accordance licensing it for sale/distribution in Accordance. (And I understand such a hesitation, assuming it exists.)

I have made modules and send it to Johannes, but he hasn't at the moment the time, to upload all the bibles that I have created to his Homepage.

I have made modules and send it to Johannes, but he hasn't at the moment the time, to upload all the bibles that I have created to his Homepage.

Who is Johannes, and what kind of homepage does he have?

Daniel Wallace just reviewed Lexham Discourse GNT: http://danielbwallace.com/2014/06/22/review-of-lexham-discourse-greek-new-testament-bundle-logos-bible-software/

As interesting as it appears, Abram is likely correct: it is tied to another software developer.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

Yes Lexham Press is wholly a subsidiary of Logos Bible software. It is a good enough translation but it also is not something Accordance could ever make a penny on, in addition to that Accordance would then be beholden to report sales items to Logos. I can not see it ever happening. I have used LEB and still wonder why Logos undertook it, but they have but Accordance putting it in their software makes about as much sense as putting a Ford engine in a GMC truck.

-Dan

The Lexham English Bible, Fourth Edition

Copyright 2010, 2012 Logos Bible Software

Logos Bible Software, 1313 Commercial St., Bellingham, WA 98225

http://www.logos.com

License

You can give away the Lexham English Bible, but you can’t sell it on its own. If the LEB comprises less than 25% of the content of a larger work, you can sell it as part of that work.

If you give away the LEB for use with a commercial product, or sell a work containing more than 1,000 verses from the LEB, you must annually report the number of units sold, distributed, and/or downloaded.

You must always attribute quotations of the LEB.

If you quote less than 100 verses of the LEB in a single work you can attribute it by simply adding (LEB) after the quotation. Longer quotations, or use of 100 or more verses in a single work, must be accompanied by the following statement:

Scripture quotations marked (LEB) are from the Lexham English Bible. Copyright 2012 Logos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark of Logos Bible Software.

In electronic use, link “LEB” and “Lexham English Bible” to http://lexhamenglishbible.com, and “Logos Bible Software” tohttp://www.logos.com. If all quotations are unmarked and from the LEB, you may remove “marked (LEB) are” from the statement.

Edited by Dan Francis

Who is Johannes, and what kind of homepage does he have?

Rick--I suspect Fabian is referring to this site.

Thanks to a couple members of the forums community, I should be about set. :-) I guess these eventually could be submitted to the Exchange if the User Bible creators wished to send them to Ken (and if Ken wanted to keep up with the download quota to suffice for the licensing requirements).

Gotta love User Bibles in Accordance, plus gotta love the Accordance community! :-)

After reading the Licensing Agreement, it probably never will get posted to the Exchange (since someone would have to report all the downloads to Logos which would be a huge pain), but oh well. Thanks to a couple community members, I'm still happy. :-)

HI Nathan, that's right. At the moment the software we use to host the exchange does not keep track of downloads, and I would need to change the infrastructure of the site to do that. If we thought there was a really big advantage in doing that, then we would do it, but I am yet to be convinced of a reason to do so that would justify the hours of reconfiguration,

Sorry about that.

• 8 years later...

So...is there a way I can get the LEB for my own use in Accordance rather than having to open Logos every time I need to compare translations? Or not? It would make teaching onscreen a LOT easier if I didn't have to have both programs open and running in order to do so. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You could probably somehow create a User Bible of it. It just can’t be shared publicly since Logos has a policy where they want reports of all users downloading it, a metric not easily tracked.

1 hour ago, Nathan Parker said:

You could probably somehow create a User Bible of it. It just can’t be shared publicly since Logos has a policy where they want reports of all users downloading it, a metric not easily tracked.

And since that means Accordance would have to give their own sales information to Logos, you can be sure that's not going to happen. A user Bible would be the way to go. Or you could use the Accordance internet browser and open your LEB inside that. The browser is a very helpful addition for this kind of thing.

• Like 3

True on the web browser. I can actually bring my entire Logos library into Accordance with it. 🙂